Thursday, August 27, 2009

OUCH

So the real deal is...I'm SUPER busy these days. I'm in school 4 days a week, training 6 days a week and sleeping during any extra hours that I have. That does not leave much blogging time...so they might be far between. I'll try to recap the last few days...

Yesterday I did an open water swim out at Saguaro Lake with Dave, Brig and Jason. Stupid me decided to wear just a sports bra and top instead of my swim suit. AND, I didn't wear bodyglide. Not just my arms are burned but my sides under my sports bra too. It's so painful! I won't make that mistake again...bodyglide is my friend! Anyway....we swam for an hour and I felt really good. Maybe it was because I was familiar with my surroundings, but it felt much better then when I swam my 1/2 a few weeks ago. The part I didn't care for was the lake weed touching my legs. That did put me into somewhat of a panic in a couple areas. I can't stand that! And when he made us tread water I had a pretty challenging time...I don't know why I have these panic attacks.

I'm officially part of the racelab Saturday bike ride group. These are some serious contenders too! There are about 20 or so riders on any given Saturday, most of which I believe are already IM so I do have to push to keep up, which is great because Dave is pushing my speed. (Oh, don't let me forget to tell you about our brick workout Tuesday) Last Saturday we rode from Chandler to Coolidge and back, which was my longest ride of about 70 miles. Well, it was not intended to be my longest but I followed the leaders out and ended up doing an extra small loop - oops.... Next time I'll stay with the pack and let the leaders go without me :) The best part of the whole ride was jumping into the pool when we were done. PERFECT!!! Total time was just under 5 hours. Not bad, but Dave wants better. The previous Saturday we rode the Tour de Scottsdale route which took us through Fountain Hills. Yeah HILLS is right!

Speaking of Dave...we did a brick workout (bike/run) the other day and although I think he was not super excited about my run performance (he is really pushing me out of my comfort zone these days) I was happy. Let me tell you why...I remember when it would take me an hour just to ride 10 miles. For my brick I biked 12 miles and ran 2 miles in an hour 5 minutes. My transition was pretty pathetic, but he's not too worried about those during IM. So my speed is improving, but I still have far to go.

Today is my day off and let me tell you - Thursdays are my most favorite days! Tomorrow is our last Friday gym workout. Dave is changing my schedule so not sure what we will be doing. I'm a little sad about it because my gym workouts are my most favorite. We'll still do them on Monday...just not Fri too.

I'm leaving for Tahoe tomorrow. I'm going to hike some trails, bike some single track and gamble until I'm broke! HURRAY FOR ME! Have a great week....

No comments: