Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Don't call me "Grace"

So I'm not very graceful, that was proven today! I don't remember ever being into gymnastics when I was a kid. I think I may have taken one or two sessions, but that's it I think. Not enough to impact my life, that was obvious today.

Dave and I met at the park today for a Par course....one of the obstacles was one set of 3 high bars or pull up bars at various heights.

With Dave's help I was able to jump up and grab the bar, but the twirling over the bar was crazy.. I have absolutely NO grace or coordination. Well, bar #2 was a bit too much for me....I lost my grip and BAM!! on the ground. I felt really bad for Dave having to watch the episode, but there really was nothing he could have done to help me...I just let go too early. Needless to say, I only did the lowest pull up bar today. My tailbone is killing me right now....so I'm looking forward to a break after tomorrow.

It was a really hard workout and the entire time I was asking myself, "is this how the Ironman will feel?" I wanted Dave to tow me, but I'm certain he would have said, "no"....

"Grace"

No comments: