Monday, December 1, 2008

Trail Run

Okay, so remember months ago when I blogged about my friend "Julie's" biceps? Her real name is Brigid and we did a trail run this weekend. Once I started to think about it I realized that I had never really done a long trail run before so I was a bit nervous. I was a little worried about our speed too because, well, you know I like to worry about stuff.

The day could not have been more perfect! Families hiking and people biking...it was just great to see everyone outside.

Our goal was to start at Dreamy Draw Park and run to Tatum and back. - SIDE NOTE Brigid is signed up to do Ironman 09 too. This will be her second - END .... The route leaving Dreamy Draw was mostly uphill and you all know how I LOVE anything that involves an incline. But I do know that for my leg endurance this is the type of workout I need most. I also took comfort in knowing it was all downhill on the way back. Anyway...the conversation was so fun that I didn't think much about the distance...until we started getting close to Tatum. Man, I don't remember that last stretch being that long. It went on forever and I could feel my legs getting really tired. They are pavement legs and the terrain was beating me up. I started to wonder, how long of a rest do we get? Would I be able to sit down? HELLL NOOO...we turned right around and started back up the hill. Okay, I really do need to rest now so we started walking so I could catch my breath and try to get the feeling back into my legs. We did a walk/run all the way back and I appreciated how easy it was being with Brigid... She's such a cool cat!

The run home came quickly and I could not have been more happy. My legs now feel like bricks and all I want at this point is a cold shower and a nap...I can't wait to do it again! I think overall it was about 8 miles but with the terrain it should count as double that.

Off to the gym today and I'm ready to test my limits again this week. Let's get ready to RUMBLE!!!!

No comments: