Monday, April 6, 2009

The Blessing

[Please don't forget that this blog is my public journal. I try to make it funny in order to entertain you, but some of these posts are intended just for me..well, they all are actually. I can't help but feel a roller coaster of emotions though so...hold on to your seat belts folks!]

Let's talk about my training goals first.... I have to finish 150 bike miles, 50 run miles and 5000 swim meters in just two weeks! That's a lot of running, I know! Remember last week I said Dave had a gift for me..well, this little gift is one I'd like to return please :0 No, seriously....I have to include two long runs - one 8-miles and one 10-miles. Oh man - I'm a little nervous about how I'm going to get all this done. I'm looking at some long days ahead of me and I was also warned that in May my challenges and goals will be increasing. I knew it was coming...so as I always say, "let's just get this shit done!!" yeeehaw baby ;)

I was watching a pod cast today from Joel Ostein who said, "Thank God for the fullness of His blessings." I just sat for a while after hearing his message and started making a list of my blessings. About half way down my list, something I wrote stood out from the rest, "The desire is in my heart to improve in every aspect of my life." Yes, I do consider the desire itself to be a blessing... I want to improve so much so fast that I'm missing some valuable lessons. This competitive spirit I have is not part of the deal. It's not humble, and that is key for me to realize.

I believe with my whole heart that my friends are here to teach me humility through example. You know who you are..you have a whole closet full of medals and awards for just about everything you have done or touched in your life. But I notice that when asked who won, you say, "I did" or, "we did" quietly and with enormous humility. You never want the spotlight on you, you're never flamboyant and THAT is what you are here to teach me. That is why God has put our paths together. Now, just because I know this does not mean my issue is solved....the hard part is fighting through this change internally...and that I cannot do alone so I lift up my problems, my lack of humility to my Lord and I'm asking for supernatural change in my life. I'm ready, I'm willing and I'm asking.....

No comments: