Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I'm still a baby duck

Okay some really great news! Last night at the pool, our coach moved me up a lane!!!! Fantastic huh? I know, I'm really excited myself. I have about six more lanes to go but one foot in front of the other and I'll surely make it soon. The last lane is where the serious "swim masters" are...wooooooo

Anyway - yesterday was a pretty serious workout day for me. With my 2-week challenge ending this week I put a good 6 or 7 hours into getting some mileage out of the way. Easy biking, gym, 10 mile run and then 2300m swim in class last night. Needless to say, I was a little worried about the long ride with Dave today - especially if he was taking me up hills (which he likes to do). He was pretty happy to hear I did my long run so maybe we avoided the majority of Mummy Mtn to give my legs a rest. Instead he chose a long steady climb up Via Linda. Such a doll that man....

I was watching those cute baby ducks at the canal the other day. They swim close to their mother for a few seconds, then a little bit away from her and then come back super fast with their little quackers honken... as if to ask mother duck if they are okay to swim farther. They are testing the waters, but still rely on their mother for comfort and assurance. Sometimes I feel that way with Dave. He's very good at giving me praise and pushing me to go further on my own...but he's always there when I need to pull back and stay close. He's like a daddy duck LMAO!!! hahahaha That's freakin hilarious! I wonder if he still reads my blog? All I can picture is Dave's head on a duck body...floatin down the canal hahahaha Sometimes when he hollers at me it sounds like a quack! QUACK, QUACK, QUACK....HAHAHAHA okay - if he does still read my blog, I better stop while I'm ahead... :D

No comments: