Friday, October 17, 2008

Monsoon Adventure Race

Well, I said I wasn't going to do it but I did anyway..ugh! I have to pick another day off because I'm going to start running and swimming on Thursday. Leslie and I hit the pavement yesterday and pulled off 4 miles in 40 minutes followed by a swim lesson with Cliff. I'm not sure what I'm going to do because the only other day is Sunday and I don't want to give up my women's riding group...hummmm

Swimming was fun yesterday! We did some really fun exercises which included swimming with my eyes closed. HILARIOUS! I continue to breath on both sides when I swim and it's getting better and a tiny bit easier. It really is hard to believe that in April I could barely swim 25 meters without a 5 minute rest.

Rick and I are off to Tuscon for the Monsoon Adventure Race. I think I'm going to decorate our bike helmets to look like a witch's hat and his a pumpkin! How funny would that be? LOL Watch for pictures cause I think I'm gonna do it...

Rick talked me into doing the long course. He must have waited for the right moment to ask because normally I would say NO WAY! I'm looking at about 8 hours of racing now and my mountain bike is literally falling apart piece by piece. It's time to invest I think. Now I just have to convince Rick of that :)

I'll post again on Sunday or Monday to share photos and race results. Until then...GET OUTSIDE!

No comments: