Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Super Fun Weekend

This weekend was great. Rick held his night race on Saturday so he and I did some riding Saturday afternoon and put out some checkpoints. That race was so much fun! Everyone had a great time and the fire pit hit the spot...it was so cold!

Today there were so many events going on in town that it seemed I knew folks in all of them. Race for the Cure had Tim, PBR had Dave, Windy, Vickie and Brigid and the Phoenix Orienteering race had me, Rick, Dave, Tracy and Ron. Adventure Racers were out in full force today!

Rick and I did really well Orienteering. We ended with 510 points out of 700+ so I'm happy about that. We went for the furthest CP's with the most points and were faster then in past events. Rick's navigation was spot on so thanks for a perfect "race" today Rick.

Tomorrow we are swimming out at Saguaro Lake...I'm going for my first mile! My longest swim was 1000 meters so I have to double that. Let's see how it goes!

No comments: