Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Things Are Looking Up

First off, Thanks Christine for the Gas-X! Nice one sister :)

As it turns out, I'm ALLOWED to enjoy my bike rides on the way to the gym!!! YEAH! So I feel much better now. I am rather hard on myself and as long as I continue to work hard for Dave, and on things he tells me to I'm A-OKAY.

I ran 4 miles last night with some friends and that was nice. However today, after mtn bike training with Dave my legs are really sore, and they don't feel this way often. Poor Leslie....my run tomorrow is going to be slllooowww girlfriend.

Speaking of DAVE! He fell into a cactus at the PBR Off Road Tri this past weekend! OMG. I tried to find an appropriate picture to post but ouch..it's just too much to look at. Some people lifted him off the cactus but can you image the pain? He still has some thorns stuck in his hands and I imagine his body too. Here is my suggestion Dave- go get waxed. It sounds crazy I know but if the needles have little hooks, the wax will be able to pull them out. Glue is not sticky enough to hold onto the thorns. Just get a wax and you'll be good to go. OUCH

This weekend Rick and I are racing in the Monsoon Adventure Race. I'm looking forward to some challenging hills and technical riding...if you can believe that. I never thought I'd say this but I do enjoy mtn biking.

I know, I can't believe my own gassy confession! Ballsy wasn't it? But, YOU have gas too so check yourself before you shake your head...

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

The site is awesome and you are HILARIOUS! Hahaha. Congrats for doing this. You will kick butt and love it :)