Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cyclocross

Did I mention the Cyclocross course Dave created last week for training? Let me tell you why I loved this. It was SUPER HARD! It had hills and obstacles and sand and it was all on grass so I had to work hard to try and beat my time each lap. I don't remember my lap times but I do remember thinking that I needed to set a doable pace from the start or I was in trouble. I always dart out the start line then crash and burn before the finish and I'm learning to pace myself well these days.

So a hill is a hill, right? You know what he did! Just as you build speed down the hill about 3/4 of the way down was the turn to get back up. We all know that hills are my worst enemy but ugh..I attacked with everything I had and man, my quads were so tired when we finished.

Oh, wait! What am I saying...we aren't finished yet!! I ran the course twice too. LOVED IT. It's the challenges that I don't think I can finish that end up being my most favorite. The ones that bring me to my knees when I'm done... Kudos to Dave for a nice workout and for always keeping it fresh and new.

No comments: