Friday, January 23, 2009

My new buddy, Buddy...

Wow, this week is finally over. Well, not really....my training continues despite being Friday, Saturday or Sunday. I'm wondering when my rest day will come again.

Did I mention the 15 notes Rick left me? This is how much support I get at home. I woke up to a note that said, "Your arms are getting particularly strong and sexy looking"...and "You are smart, driven and crafty...." and "You inspire others..." Can you believe this? WOW! Notes ALL OVER the house! In my shoes and my wallet. How fortunate am I to have this kind of support. I love you deeply...

It's been a pretty great workout week. I did some bike/run bricks along with my long ride and I'm still going strong. Today I beat virtual Kim on the Computrainer, though she's getting stronger and harder to beat! Following was a tow from Buddy, Dave's dog and two hikes up North Mtn.

This is hilarious! Buddy, Dave and Windy's dog actually did tow me on the run section today. He is one strong dog! Since I'm dog sitting tomorrow Dave thought it best we give Buddy a trial run and I'm glad we did. I actually had the tow line around my waist - it was hilarious. Buddy and I are going to try and make our way down to the 12 hour bike race tomorrow to watch his owners ride....should be fun if we make it. It seems Buddy has a mind of his own so we might end up wherever he decides to take me. (I wonder if the new train allows dogs on board?? )
What do the neighbors think when they see a person being towed by a dog? I can't stop smiling....

This week I think I finally made it over a plateau. Three people told me I looked really fit and I'm super happy about that. Dave says I'm stronger and that's really what I like to hear most. My biking endurance has definitely improved and the brink workouts have been awesome. Now it's time to swim...swim...swim. I'm on a three day a week swim schedule with an IM swim goal of 1.5 hours. The more bike time I have the better! I still can't believe the IM is this year. Friends and family are flying and driving in just to watch and I'm so appreciative of the support everyone provides. This would not be possible without Dave and Rick... (why am I getting all sappy...pull it together Kim and go take a shower - you stink! )

No comments: