Dave and I rode Desert Classic today. I have really been wanting to ride this trail so I was pretty excited to break out the mtn bike this morning. I felt really great and happy to get going. Something happened today that I'm confused about. My performance was just terrible. Seriously..I couldn't keep my tire straight and I couldn't climb those little baby hills. What the hell! Now, I love Dave to death..seriously he's an awesome person and bless him for trying to find reasons why my performance sucked today but the truth is...I was just off my game.
I think maybe a couple of things....
1. He was following me. Who has played chase with Dave (okay, besides Windy)? It ain't fun!
2. I didn't know where I was going or what was ahead of me.
3. Maybe I was trying too hard. I never, ever want to perform poorly in front of him and I just nearly killed myself tying to keep a pace that was not really that doable over the long haul.
4. My breakfast routine is changing since I can't have milk anymore so I'm not sure how that played a part.
5. Maybe I'm just not a strong mtn biker and I sucked because I stink...
The end was fun. He made me hike up the side of a mountain and as I stood on top I raised my arms, gave out a huge haallaa and down I came.
It was in the shower when I realized maybe another reason why I performed poorly. (Dad, don't read this part - skip to the next paragraph) My "girls" are sore....
That means one thing - my period is coming and it's gonna be a long week. One big reason why I hope it doesn't happen. I'm doing the 1/2 marathon this weekend and don't want to deal with it..HOWEVER, that could be why I was so clumsy today.
Tomorrow - bike 25 miles and run for 3... Who wants to join me??