Monday, May 26, 2008

Bzzzzz

Well, I got stung by a bee today. I haven't been stung by a bee since I was a kid and yep, it still hurts. How? I was doing push ups in the grass at Tempe Town Lake with Dave and Windy.

The Ironman seems so far away and I don't have any real good races on my calendar until August. I'm really so upset about not having my bike yet. Though the price was great, I would have opted to pay more and have my bike now. It's been three weeks and from what they tell me, it could be another week. Do I ask for my money back or wait another week? I don't know....

Just finishing up my workout with Dave today and I gave myself a really good calf injury. I was just getting ready for my "bounding" exercise and with the first step came a pain like nothing I have felt before. The best description I can give is that it felt like my muscle was protruding out the back of my leg. The pain starts at the bottom of my foot and runs up the entire length of my leg only to end above my rear. I sat in my car for several minutes afterwards thinking about going straight to the ER...but decided to head home. Rick, as great as he is had two crutches sitting in the driveway waiting for me when I got home. He's been taking good care of me since....

Depending on how it feels tomorrow I may head to the Dr. I hope it's just a really bad strain and with a few days off I'll be okay....we'll see how it goes. I can't lift my toes without pain at this point...Nevertheless I'm meeting Dave at the gym tomorrow for some upper body exercise - my all time favorite!!!!

With me luck...

No comments: