Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I HATE DRILLS

Okay, saying that I HATE DRILLs is a little extreme. How about just this....drills SUCK! No, that's a bit much. How about, I'm not currently a fan of the exercise drill. Ugh... I hope you get the picture here.

They are really hard (my whining voice as I kick my feet). Not just a little hard - they are VERY hard. I don't know what it is but anything that requires short fast bursts of energy really kick my butt. Bike drills, running drills, drills on the Elliptical. Nevertheless, Dave still makes me do them. ahhhhhh I do appreciate that no matter how much I hate the workout, he still makes me do it :0 Brutal and hard, but I'm always faster and stronger in the end. Who am I to questions my Sensei, right. I'm just glad it's over!

Swimming tonight. I joined another swim class that meets on Mon/Wed nights. My theory is that if I can master the swim I'll have more time to finish the bike and run during Ironman. Each has a cutoff time that I try hard to be mindful of. So, now I'm swimming up to four times a week. My shoulders are a bit sore but workable still...

Somehow I see more drills in my future......wwwhhhhyyyyyy.......

No comments: