Monday, June 2, 2008

I'm still alive

My new bike and new wetsuit! And Beanie wondering what mom's doing...

Swimming was a nightmare and I'm seriously not kidding. The night before my swim I had the worst nightmare about it. Did you see Lord of the Rings where they were traveling through the swamp? You could see ghosts just under the water surface. Well, that's kinda what my dream was like. Whenever I put my head in the water those ghosts started to come towards me and I would panic. It was terrible!

I didn't see any ghosts at Bartlett, just nasty green particles floating around. I don't even want to know how many of those green nasties went up my nose or in my mouth. ugh-gross. Nevertheless, my swim was terrible. I just could not relax and catch my breath. From what I hear though that's pretty normal for a beginner like me.

This Thursday I start with Swim Masters so I hope to get my swim at a higher level soon. I'll be swimming twice a week with coaches so I'm sure to improve, right?

I've been thinking a lot about the fact that I'm doing an Ironman. It's pretty scary. What the heck am I doing? Can I really pull this off? I'm crazy!!! What if I can't get a spot in Tempe for 09. Will I go someplace else? I have to wait until Nov to find out and I'll tell you, waiting is really hard. I'm currently pulling my hair out.

Dave is back!!!!! YEAH!!!! He's really upped the weight at the gym and my upper body is feeling it, and looking it. I'm a completely different person when I leave the gym. I feel so much contentment, relaxed and an overall calmness that I can't otherwise explain. I'm addicted.

Tomorrow is bike testing!!! Stay tuned for that later....

No comments: