Monday, August 4, 2008

Here's to the smiley man

I left for the gym on my bike this morning and felt like a ton of bricks. Do you ever feel like that? My arms and legs were just dead weights I was trying to drag along. I tried just about everything to keep myself motivated during the ride....

Well, I made it to the gym and just couldn't get my head in the game. I felt like a floppy fish and knew that I could do much better...I'm much stronger then I gave Dave today. Though he said I did great, I could have done fantastic. The only way to redeem the workout would be during the journey home.....the Dreamy Draw hill! Would I be able to maintain my 8mph up the hill as tired as I was. YES!! I did it and I think I exercised my thoughts more then my legs for it. YEAH....

There was an older gentlemen on the trail who had an ear to ear smile. The kind you see and can't help but smile back, no matter what mood...it was nice, and I could see the smile in his eyes too. He was happy to be outside, jogging and in that moment, he made my heart smile....thank you smiley man....thank you for giving me back my smile today...

No comments: