Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Virtual Kim vs. Real Kim

A month or so ago I blogged about doing this bike drill stuff at Dave's house where my bike is hooked up to all this high tech equipment and I've got wires hanging from my ear yada...yada...yada... well what I didn't know then was that I would be racing myself! How do I explain this.... The screen shows a girl (me) riding a bike in I think it was Seattle or something on this really nice path. All the important information about how I ride, my cadence, heart rate, RPM's, which legs works harder then the other.... etc. all show on the bottom of the screen... really cool stuff right. Well yesterday I raced her! Dave split the screen so I was racing myself a month ago! This is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. It was so much fun to see how much better I've gotten in just a month. I beat myself by a 1 - 1/2 minutes....which adds up over the course of a race to something really exciting! (The picture above is not from yesterday. Just an example of the program I found on Google)

Today we did some sand running at Tempe Town Lake and man was it hard. It's REALLY humid but I was able to get it all done and not toss my cookies. We've had workouts where I told him that it really sucked but today I just wanted to yell at him. As he's saying, "go....GO....GGGOOO..." I wanted to say a few things myself. I'm trying to run while I'm thinking...are we at that point in our relationship where I can yell back, "I WILL IN A MINUTE!!!" or not? Should I say, "I'm done" or should I just keep trying? I opted to keep trying and keep my mouth shut. Both very good choices in retrospect. I have a huge amount of respect for Dave even though I sometimes don't feel like being the nicest person towards him....

No comments: