Monday, July 28, 2008

Great News

I'm pretty freakin excited right now! My open water swim was better then expected. Myself and I had a chat on the way out to Bartlett Lake yesterday about how I was going to just relax in the water and rely on my training. I started to visualize myself doing a longer swim and guess what....I swam an estimated 750 meters nonstop and the really cool thing is, I could have done a little more. My shoulders were a little tired, but not much....pretty great! Rick's is ready to take me out for a long swim to see how far I can go before I get really tired. Hummmm....any bets on how far that will be??

Today I was up at 4:30 for a quick ride to Shaw Butte for a hike and then back home. No training with Dave today. I had to pick up Rick at the airport and get some other business taken care of. The quietness of the house is over, but I'm glad he's back.

Tri swim group tonight, gym tomorrow....

No comments: