Sunday, July 20, 2008

Thanks Butch and Vickie


I was fortunate enough to have Butch and Vickie take me out on my first 40 mile bike ride today. (They are in red in the picture and Dave is in yellow) It took us 2 hours and 45 minutes and I'm really happy about that.

Sandwiched between the two of them the entire time, I really felt the pressure to work my hardest. I'm so appreciative they spent this time with me. I'm not sure if the last five miles was the hardest or the mile climb we did nearing the half way mark.

They are both pretty hard core.... I aspire to be as strong as they are. I came home, took a shower and nearly collapsed shortly after. I think it took a good hour before my legs finally started to relax.

Tomorrow we are back to a regular schedule since Dave is back and I couldn't be happier. I've been motivationally challenged since he's been gone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kim,
We are SOOO proud of you girl!!! You did it and I'm happy we were there to help. I can relate to the mental and physical exhaustion all coming to a head when you finished. ;-) What a GREAT feeling. You made Dave proud.....

PS - but I'm going to tell him that you need to work on the "swerving in traffic" thing!!!! Bad....very, very bad....

Butch and Vickie