Friday, February 20, 2009

I think I'm coming out of it

It's no secret that the past few days have not been that fun..or eventful...or really worthy of a post. I've gone back and forth about whether or not I even wanted to post today. I'm sitting in front of my computer, which is in front of my window and I'm looking outside at a hibernating tree in my yard. In some ways I kinda feel like that old tree....gray and crusty looking... certainly crusty because I haven't taken a shower since Wed morning and gray because I'm trying to dig myself out of the PMS blues that I get. I hate this!

There is good news and that is I woke up feeling a little better today. For whatever reason I found a smile on my face at one point today and that's certainly a sign of recovery...for me and my family. The bad news is though...I have not worked out since Tuesday. Wouldn't you know it too that on Wed I met a man who did an IM, and several IM distance races who wanted to chat about my training. I got the impression that he was not impressed with where I'm at....but we all know that everyone likes to act like a coach. Some people say I'm starting too early, he thinks I'm not doing enough...who would have thought that so many people really care.

The crazy thing is - that portion of my life, the finish of IM is already written..it's done...all I have to do is open the pages and I can only do it one day at a time.

I have to get out of this house tomorrow and get on my bike. I'm riding 60 miles, which will be my longest ride so far and I'm almost certain that Rick will be glad to get me out of his hair.

No comments: