Tuesday, February 24, 2009

XXX - Rated

That's it! B-O'N and I agree that the locker room at El Dorado pool is too X rated for us...There are just too many naked old ladies walkin around for our taste. Am I the only modest person alive? I mean after I shower I get dressed IN the shower stall.. We've been traumatized too many times...

Needless to say, our swim was pretty fun. There were four of us swimming today and everyone was in a pretty corny mood. The plan was 32 laps a.k.a. 1-mile non-stop. Now, this was not MY plan going into today's swim, but once Brigid said it I was committed. It's really hard for me to back down from a challenge no matter what size. If I can go at my own pace, I'm in. Off I go and 40 something minutes later I was done. (I can't remember the time exactly) Not so bad I guess. My focus really was on how to push myself when I got tired so I walked away feelin pretty good. Not sure I can do it for 2 mile yet, but I have lots of time.

Did about 5 miles this morning with Dave. Let me say it again, running with him always stresses me out. I think I've narrowed down why and it's the cardio. I can hear my breathing become irregular when I start to worry about where the turnaround is or how much longer or will he tell me it was just a warm up... I haven't been able to get comfortable or learn to pace myself when I don't know where I'm going or for how long I'll be running.

So the Dr. says I have tendinitis in my shoulder and gave me a cortisone shot along with a prescription for therapy. It's nice to finally know why my shoulder hurts all the time and why my left side can't keep up with my right.

March goals - at least 350 bike miles and 75 run miles. Walk in the park right?

No comments: