Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Nake ladies - literally!

I don't even know where to start! Today's post is XXX rated so don't let your children read this.

Let's start at the beginning though. Sometimes I have external noise that takes my focus away from training. Sometimes my head is just full of negative thoughts and sometimes my heart just isn't in the game. I had a combination of all three starting off today. My legs felt heavy and I just couldn't get myself motivated to try harder. Here is the deal....I do my best thinking while on my bike and it didn't take long for me to realize that it wasn't really physical today because it was not a hard ride. It was mental. You see, I've had a pretty tough couple of weeks with an acquaintance of mine. She's called me a few choice names like f -er and poked me in the head with her finger and told me "YOU SUCK"...she's pretty much bullied me and I can't stop thinking about her. I don't know why this is happening or why she would be so rude in general but it's taking all of my attention away from my job, Ironman training. I feel really bad about it and I can say with all honesty that I didn't provoke any of her nasty comments and certainly not the poke in the forehead. Why is she like this and why is she like this to me? I told her she's not allowed to call me names anymore. We'll see what happens with that. If I wake up with egg on my car I'll know who did it but I feel bad about the situation. I think she wants a friend but doesn't know how to have one...I'm torn. Geez...am I back in high school or what!

Nevertheless, my focus today was not on biking and when I realized it I started to think about how blessed my life is. I don't have much and I live a simple life - just the way I like it. My family and I sacrificed a lot this year so that I could train 4 days a week with Dave and I'll be damned if I'm going to let somebody try and take that away from me by taking my focus away from what I'm suppose to learn from him. I kicked my butt into gear and started to feel better. Much better. I started thinking about how I want my body to look and feel and was able to put a smile back on my face, laugh a few times and enjoy being outside.

(XXX rated - bypass if you are under 18 or have a weak stomach) The good stuff!!! I met B ;) at the pool today and it was nice. I was able to share some stuff and just chatting with another gal made me feel better. We swam for an hour and hit the shower. Now, remember months and months ago when I talked about the naked ladies at ASU and asked, is it really necessary to walk around the locker room chatting with people while your boobies are flappin about? Remember that??? Well...today "tops" it! First of all, there was a lady in one of showers making some strange noises. Like maybe she had somebody in the shower with her kinda noises. B and I were a little freaked about that! Okay, shower quickly and get the hell out of there I'm thinking. This is a SMALL locker room too. I'm packing up my stuff, B is just getting done and out comes amazon woman! Yes, a very jolly looking woman probably in her late 50's early 60's who hasn't given herself a trim since 1945 or so. Somebody could weave a sweater from that craziness. Not that I was looking but sometimes it's just thrown at you and you can't look away. Now seriously, what makes a woman think that first, she doesn't need to take care of her business and second, it's okay to show everyone that you don't care? Somebody take a match to my eyes!!! The really funny part, the part that made me laugh out loud was that B was stuck there..in the corner of the locker room and the only way out was to turn around and face Miss amazon head on. LMAO!!! B says she needs therapy now...and lots of it. What was I to do? I'm so sorry I left you behind...lol.. We both needed that laugh so bad. What a great way to end a long, hard day.

No comments: